In order for the process to go as smoothly as possible and for the session to get from you to me in the most effective way, please follow these instructions:
How to prepare your session for online mixing in 5 steps:
Clearly name each track something meaningful. Here are some examples:
Consolidate and export your files. You may need perform a google search how to accomplish this within your specific DAW. Some DAWs have the function built-in, while others require a few steps.
At the end of the process, you should the following:
- A new folder with the newly created contiguous audio files. Each audio file should start from 0:00 and go until the end of the song. There should be no separate regions and each file size should be the same.
- Track names should match the audio file name.
- There should be no unnecessary audio files such as partial/alternate takes, midi, session files etc… This will reduce confusion, clutter, and file size drastically.
- An easy way to check if everything exported correctly is to create a new session yourself and import your new files. If everything lines up and plays as it should, then you are good to send.
- File format should be at least 16-bit/44.1k but preferably higher. WAV or AIFF.